My fitness is a reality and not a myth!

I always apprehend trying new clothes, lest I do not fit into them, the clothes being small. Though by now I have accepted my body type,  however somewhere deep down the line I aspire to look as I did years ago.
Being a mother who has undergone a C-section, it is obvious to gain weight but it is not obvious why I should not lose some. The other day while discussing this pressing issue with some friends, one of them was quick to advice me, being a mother already I do not need to lose weight, rather I should look like a mother! I really do not know what that meant!
I was quite taken aback by this statement, and immediately replied that being a mother it is all the more essential for me to take care of myself. If i fail to do so, I fail to nurture my family too.
Sometimes, going by such conventional comments a woman feels quite demotivated to remain fit which is the need of the hour. In fact, women of all age groups should take upon themselves to keep themselves healthy, both physiologically and mentally. For these are directly related to their psychologial well being as well.
Finding myself at the dietician's chamber 20 days back, I came face to face with reality that slapped a horrific report, saying I was a "level II obese"! Otherwise quite a non-challant individual I am, but this did not go down well with me. Something nudged at me each night when I went to bed, the constant thought being, if anything happened to me who would be in a position to take care of my familial needs.
Post my visit to the dietician, I really worked upon myself, keeping temptations at bay (most of the time), revamped my diet plan and took up the ardous task of exercising! And here I am, 3 kilos down, and a few inches less, I have never been so happy before.
People who know me are aware how lazy I can be when it comes any form of physical exercise and that I am bulimic when it comes to food! Hence for me, a modified diet plan is a menace and exercises are my foe; however incorporating both of them and redefining my lifestyle has really worked in my favor.
I feel quite fit these days; this also adds to my mental health wherein I find myself motivated each day to lose some more kilos which of course is for my health rather for the way I look.

A woman's fitness is no longer a myth but a fast paced reality where more women find themselves sweating it out in the gym or even in the comforts of their home. There are more women coming out loud in their actions which proves that their heath is an investment and not an expenditure.
There have been multiple times when I have started a health regime and given it up after few days least realizing that way I brought in more damage to my health than by not beginning the regime.

As they say 70% people begin a fitness regime and quit, except you. At least not this time!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESULTS-The yearly catastrophe!

The "other" woman in my husband's life and I thank God for it!

The hullabaloo about the Indian "Nighties"...